“Italy needs to focus on its most precious assets to regain its place in the world: its inestimable cultural heritage. The Italian territory is of universal value and, as such, everyone is called to contribute.”
Professor Richard Hodges, President of LoveItaly.
loveitaly is a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation and appreciation of Italy’s unique cultural heritage and the world’s greatest living museum. The association, first of its kind to support conservation projects throughout Italy, has implemented mechanisms to accept private and corporate funding in Italy and from the United States, through a 501(c)3 organization, american friends of loveitaly.
loveitaly operates in collaboration with Italian ministries, superintendents for Italian monuments, fine arts institutes and museums, local and national authorities, church leaders and higher institutions of learning, including Italian and international universities and academies.
loveitaly has managed projects and signed protocols with:
- Superintendence of Pompeii
- Museo Nazionale Etrusco di Villa Giulia
- Directorate General Musei at the Ministry of Culture
- Villa Farnesina and the Lincean Academy of Rome
- National Institute for Conservation and Restoration (ISCR) of Rome
- National Gallery of Ancient Art in the Corsini Palace in Rome
- Sapienza University of Rome
- International Friends of the Certosa of Capri
- Pinacoteca of San Severino Marche
- Basilica di Saint Anthony of Padoa
- Veneranda Arca di Sant’Antonio di Padova
- Fondazione della Basilica di San Francesco di Assisi
- American Federation of Arts
- Accademia Nazionale Danza
loveitaly was founded in 2014 by LVenture Group, a holding company quoted on the Italian Stock Market that participates in digital start-up businesses, and a group of enthusiasts from diverse professional backgrounds.
The initial font of inspiration came from the archaeological and conservation consultancy work of Richard Hodges, a founding member of loveitaly, President Emeritus of the American University of Rome, an Executive Committee Member of the Herculaneum Conservation Project and Counsel to the Packard Humanities Institute.